Saturday, January 14, 2012

1/14/12 - TDAT Editor vs 3.1 Early Look


Okay, so the image here displays the early rework of the tile data editor (this editor allows me to set the data of each tile for collision types and other such things)
what your looking at is a first attempt at a new open file system that reads into the tileset gfx folder and outputs its content. Using this would allow me to easily open the tileset image file (without having to manually type out the file name in the code...) to convert into a new .tdat file  which would then be read by the .gmap file.

I'll also be advancing the tile system to where I can give each tile its own type of surface which would effect sound effects (such as the sounds of walking on wood/stone/wet muddy surfaces/etc)

I've still got a bit to go on this tiny little side project but it'll be worth it in the long run while working on the game.

More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment