Thursday, August 20, 2015

8-20-15 - A Bit of Backtracking

those of you who may have checked out the dev page in recent weeks may have noticed that the engine there isn't showing up in the html5 canvas area. some reason my web service has totally stopped supporting the html5 output of Clickteam Fusion (I cant seem to get anything to work... :P ).

I've sort of tinkered around the idea of moving the engine over to Monkey Coder, but alas I see nothing but more programming obstacles the more I play with that language.

So, with all that being said, I've finally backtracked to the point that I decided to keep the project on Blitz Max.

A few other little downgrades also I should note here... I've decided to return the game to the old GBA style resolution and I've decided to cut back on a number of features I wanted to include in the final game. Basically I'm trimming down the fat to make things easier and I find that I'm way more comfortable with working in the classic GBA 240x120 resolution, especially when it comes to tile design for the maps.

I've been revamping the old engine used in demo #4, reworking the code and polishing the old graphics. Maybe I'll have a new demo out in the coming months.

I'll post more as more progression is being made. :)