Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2-5-13 - The Benefits of Making Spikes Quest

Obviously I cant <$>profit</$> from developing Spikes Quest, simply because its a fan game and I'd probably get into some kind of trouble for trying. But there are still benefits to be had here.

The engine behind Spikes Quest is purely of my own making, everything from the simple jump commands to the more complex things [if you can call a bending bridge 'complex']

this is an engine that I can take and use for something much more original, and I plan to do just that.

I'd like to someday develop a game all of my own design and of a world and fiction that are also entirely of my own making. And the Spikes Quest engine will go towards that endeavor.

Also, there is the benefit in SQ that I've accomplished an actual game complete with original artwork [no, I wont be including the older pixel traced pieces from Demo 4, I will be sketching my own pieces to replace those] and other things. Granted I might receive help from others throughout the production [and they will be credited accordingly] but I can still say that I've accomplished something once the project is actually finished.

So to the few who say I'm wasting my time working on this thing and that I'm stupid for doing so: I can simply just thumb my nose at them and go "Nyah nyah, what now ya silly trolls?" and then proceed to get trolled even more or something. 9_9

1 comment:

  1. nice, i didnt knew you made the engine for the game o,0

    it must have been complicated, or at least, that's how i (a person with no knowledge of programming) see it

    ReplyDelete